Vision and Upper Cervical

July 15, 2010 by
Filed under: Spinewave Bulletin 

They say we only use 10% of our brains. And I’ve always thought that a ridiculous statement. What is the other 90% doing, cheering it on?

Every cell in our body is serving a purpose or being purposefully served. It’s known that a quarter of our brain is used in processing signals of vision, not merely just the eyes. There are intimate connections between the eyes, upper spine, cerebellum, occipital, parietal and frontal cortices that are all responsible for handling visual acuity.

Click here to listen to a great audio clip on the resolution of a woman’s double vision through upper cervical specific adjusting.

When there is disturbance in the upper spine, or upper cervical area, this can change the way signals are sent to these different areas of the brain and then one’s vision is not operating at its best. Disturbance in the upper cervical area over time from bumps, falls or stress can lead to poorer vision, near-sightedness or far-sightedness, or a change in visual acuity. Here are two Cases of the Month from our archives on positive changes in vision from upper cervical care: September 2008 and October 2008.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

  • Symptoms (72)
  • Most Recent Symptoms

  • Archives

  • Search

    Loading
  • Case of the Month

    Reviews of complex cases are frequently researched and updated in this category. Alternatively use the search bar above.
  • VIDEO AUDIO EBOOKS

    Video Audio Ebooks
  • SpineWave Bulletin

    Sign up to receive our newsletter: a cutting edge knowledge update including case studies, research, videos, blog, and Dr Neil's periodic existential outrospection.
  • Contact

    09 522 0025
    Suite 1, 102 Remuera Road, Auckland
    Click here for practice hours
  • Social Media