Chiropractic and Pregnancy
Ease and comfort for your pregnancy and birth?
- Chiropractic care throughout pregnancy can relieve and even prevent the common discomforts commonly experienced.
- Comfort for your baby: specific work with your pelvis throughout pregnancy restores balance and creates an environment for an easier, safer delivery.
- Reduced labour time: chiropractic removes interference to the nervous system allowing your body to function at its maximum potential.
- 57% of midwives surveyed recommended chiropractic to their patients (Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2000).
- Safe and gentle: modern day chiropractors are trained in techniques for children and pregnant mums.
If you are pregnant one of the best things you can do is see your chiropractor. For the healthiest pregnancy and labour, you need a flexible, balanced spine and pelvis. Chiropractic care can provide this and much more.
Pregnant mums share the same body chemistry as their unborn child, so it is important that your health is at its peak to benefit the health of your baby. A healthy nervous system is vital to optimal body chemistry and function. A healthy nervous system will always contribute to a healthier mother and child. Chiropractic care focuses on the health of your spine and nervous system to achieve the best possible environment for your baby to grow.
Stresses experienced by a pregnant mother can affect the baby. From week 8 of pregnancy babies can be seen responding to their mother’s stress resulting in abrupt heart rate changes, positional changes and contractions of the baby’s muscles. Studies show that women under regular chiropractic care have a reduction in labour time of up to 5 hours, that’s a 39% reduction in labour time! Further studies show a reduction in the symptoms that are often associated with pregnancy, one study finding that 91% of women had significant reduction in pelvic pain.
“Chiropractic is a safe, drugless and important part of a healthy pregnancy.”